Friday, March 23, 2012

Always Thought

I appreciate the guest post, Jewel Rodgers

I always thought home alarms were a waste of money until my house got broken into. They took everything from the pillows on the couch to the jewelry my grandmother had left me and there was really just no going back. I had never felt more violated or vulnerable in my whole life and it’s tough for me to talk about it even to this day. I now take home security really, really seriously as it’s hard for me to imagine it happening again and what I would do. Things like locking the windows and doors and installing motion detectors have made me feel a lot better but at the end of the day I wish I hadn’t had so much to lose in the first place. Also, to make matters worse I didn’t have insurance so I wasn’t covered for anything they took – that was just like rubbing salt in the wound. I wish I could go back and take better care of my things but afterall, they were just things so I’ll live.

No comments:

Post a Comment